Four Steps to a Better Job Interview
Title: Four Steps to a Better Job Interview
Author: Brad Karsh
About the author: None
- How do you feel when facing a job interview?
- What makes interviewing difficult for you?
- How do you think you can best prepare for a job interview?
- What are some of job interviewing do's and don'ts?
- Well, here is some advice for you from an expert.
Excerpt from the article:
Here's a question I often hear: What are some things I can do to prepare for a job interview?
Answer: There really aren't too many things in life more awkward than a job interview.
You're dressed in formal business clothing, sitting across from a stranger. This
stranger has the right to ask you anything from the most elaborate to the most
mundane questions. And you have to spend an hour talking about nothing but
yourself. Actually it sounds pretty similar to a blind date!
Just like a blind date, there are some definite no-no's you need to avoid if you want to
make it to the next level.
Read the article to find out the four steps.
After you Read:
Summarize: What are the "four steps" Mr. Karsh mentions?
- Do you agree with them?
- Do you think they will make you successful in preparing for a job interview?
- Have you tried any of these steps before? Did they work for you?
- Would you consider trying these approaches in the future?
- What other methods have worked for you in the past?
Conversation Task:Talk with your partner about the job interviewing customs in your country.
- How do people usually find potential jobs?
- Do you think there are better ways of getting a good job?
- What type of person would you hire as an assistant in your current job?